Tests carried out by the Humane Society UK have revealed that real animal for is being misleadingly passed off as faux fur on a number of clothing items sold in Britain.
- o Fox fur trim on the hoods of coats sold by TK Maxx and Amazon.
- o Fox fur on a bobble hat sold by brand Miss Bardo.
- o Mink fur on earrings sold by online store Boohoo.
- o Rabbit fur on shoes from Boohoo
- o Rabbit fur on shoes and scarves at Amazon.
- o Rabbit fur on keychains from online stores Not On The High Street and Groupon.
Fur farms, where animals endure “Appalling deprivation” were banned in the UK in 2,000 but fur farms in Russia, Poland and China are still sources.